Friday, January 11, 2013

No One likes a Pretentious Vegan

Yesterday with all my excitement it was easy-I pinned recipes, read blogs, watched shows. Then I did the best part-SHOPPING. I went easy on myself. Just some tofu, vegan friendly spreads, and a refill on some veggies that I usually buy. I was horribly disappointed in my cheap shop-that's another addiction that needs facing at a later date. The kids LOVED the meal yesterday.

But that's not what this is about-my bold decree over the net yesterday brought mixed responses. The most hilarious. from my lovely friend Brenda. (attached below).







So what do you think? Honestly. What do you think "vegan" and "vegetarian"mean? I'm not even sure I know. is this entire thing possible? I suppose only time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks !! I think it means finding out what is gonna work to keep you healthy !! Its just back in the day being "vegan" also came with the "I'm too good for your regular food" attitude, which is now, in most peoples lives not a choice but a necessity to eat allergy free. So you go girl!!! But, eating at my house may not be easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A vegetarian does not eat meat but will eat animal by products like dairy, honey, eggs and depending how strict fish, were as a vegan is no animal anything ever! In my experience they are the uber pretentious ppl who take a stroke if you eat anything they label as a no-no and more over try and convert you to vegan-ism with the same fervor as a cult... but like i said that is just in my experience.

    ReplyDelete